Solar Powered Roof-Mounted Attic Vent
A smart alternative to conventional roof louvers, the Solar Powered Roof-Mounted Attic Vent operates during the day and collects power from direct sunlight to convert into electricity. In turn, this energy operates a high efficiency motor inside the power vent, so there's no added cost for electricity. That saves energy, which is better for the environment.
And unlike most electric power vents regulated by a thermostat, the Solar Powered Roof-Mounted Attic Vent does not wait for the attic to get overheated before running. It operates whenever there is direct sunlight.
The solar vent operates without fuel, waste or pollution. And as a totally solar-powered solution, it’s also environmentally friendly. There's no need for electrical hook-up or electricity, simplifying the installation process.
The Solar Powered Roof-Mounted Attic Vent features durable, high-quality, two-piece construction utilizing a solar panel to collect and deliver power directly from the sun to a high efficiency 24-volt DC motor inside the power vent.
- No electrical hook-up needed
- Solar panel mounts separately from dome
- 10-foot cord on solar panel so that the panel can be positioned for optimal sun exposure
- Up to 800 CFM for attics up to 1,200 square feet
- Low-profile, rust resistant, galvanized steel dome
- 5-year limited warranty and 2-year Replacement Plus protection
Benefits of a Solar Powered Attic Vent:
- It operates during the day under direct sunlight when your attic requires more air movement.
- Unlike most electric power vents that are regulated by a thermostat, the Solar Powered Roof-Mounted Attic Vent works continuously from sunrise to sunset, under direct sunlight, keeping the attic ventilated all day long instead of waiting for the attic to get overheated.
The solar panel can be mounted next to the dome or, because the panel comes with a 10-foot cord, you can mount the solar panel at another location on the roof to optimize solar collection while placing the dome in an inconspicuous location on the roof.
Solar Powered Fan Testimonial
In September 2011, the Whisenhunt family in Longmont, CO wrote Air Vent a letter expressing how pleased they were with the performance of their Air Vent roof-mount solar powered fan they installed near the end of the summer 2010. “We have been comparing our electric usage before and after installation,” they wrote. “The results are that the fan has saved enough in electric bills to nearly pay for the cost of the fan.” The Whisenhunts installed a second roof-mount solar powered fan April 2012. In early September 2012, Air Vent contacted the Whisenhunt family to ask if they had collected any more data since their original letter. They had. The charts below show the kilowatt usage and the average temperatures before and after the installation of the fans. Check out June, July and August 2010 vs. 2011 & 2012.
Note: The Whisenhunt family saved $108.14 in total June-August 2011 vs. the previous year for the same time period. They saved another $82.02 total June-August 2012 vs. the same time frame in 2010 despite higher outdoor temperatures.
|Apr.||1659||45.00||1586||39.00||1214||54.00||Installed 2nd fan
on roof April 2012
|Aug.||2601||75.00||1662||77.00||1518||78.00||Installed 1st fan
on roof August 2010