Exceptional baffle performance with the convenience of a roll
For years, Air Vent's independent research and testing have demonstrated that the best performing ridge vent, in terms of airflow and weather protection, is an externally baffled ridge vent. We've taken that technology and rolled it (literally) into our newest ridge vents in 28-foot rolls: Peak Performer™ I (unfiltered) and II (filtered). They install fast and are virtually invisible on the roof.
- 12 square inches net free area per linear foot
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- 5-year Replacement Plus™ Protection
- 28-foot rolls -- 25 rolls per pallet
- Free nails -- Two coils of roofing nails are included.
- Fast and Easy Installation -- Internal ribbing adds rigidity to make the vent nail gun friendly. Roll it out and nail it down.
- Enhanced Airflow -- The external baffle creates low pressure above the vent openings as the wind blows to increase airflow performance and deflect weather away from the attic.
- Built-in End Plugs -- There's no need for separate end plugs. Peak Performer I and II have integrated end plugs.
- Double Weather Protection -- Peak Performer II's internal weather filter acts as a secondary level of defense against weather infiltration.
This low-profile, shingle-over vent installs at the peak of the roof allowing exhaust ventilation along the entire ridge -- end-to-end.
- 20-foot rolls -- 12 rolls per pallet
Low-profile, shingle-over vents your attic/building. Once installed, its almost invisible.
- 17 square inches net free area per linear foot
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- 20-foot rolls -- 24 rolls per pallet
- Coil of roofing nails with every roll
- Eliminate Waste -- Every cut-off can be used
When installed properly, all Air Vent products mentioned here comply with the net free area requirements of nationally recognized model codes, including those written by the International Code Council. In addition, the vents have product evaluation approvals from Dade County, Florida, ICC and TDI.
Please call 1-800-AIR-VENT to obtain code body information for a particular Air Vent product.
Here's an overview of the specifications for Air Vent's complete line of ridge ventilation products.
View the wide range of colors in which our products are available in our pdf color chart (12 KB).
Air Vent Color Chart
Download a PDF version of our color chart
THE SIMPLE MATHEMATICS OF A BALANCED RIDGE VENTILATION SYSTEM
- According to most building codes, you need 1 square foot of ventilation for every 150 square feet of attic floor space.
- For new home construction that includes a vapor retarder, the minimum is 1 square foot of ventilation for every 300 square feet of attic floor space.
- If your vents are split between ridge vents and intake vents, the minimum requirement is also 1 square foot of ventilation for every 300 square feet of attic floor space.
To determine how many feet of net free area you need, use this formula:
|Square feet of attic floor space
|=||Square feet of net free area needed|
|1500 square feet of attic floor space
|=||5 square feet of free are a needed|
- To determine how many feet of ShingleVent® II, Multi-Pitch FilterVent® or VenturiVent Plus™ you need, use this formula:
- 1/2 net free area x 144 ÷ 18 = feet of ridge vent needed
- For example: 2.5 (based on net free area of 5 square feet) x 144 ÷ 18 = 20 feet of ridge vent needed
- To determine how many feet of Air Vent soffit vents you need, use this formula:
- 1/2 net free area x 144 ÷ 9 = feet of soffit vent needed
- For example: 2.5 (based on net free area of 5 square feet) x 144 ÷ 9 = 40 feet of soffit vent needed
- The following charts may be used to:
- 1. Determine how much net free area is needed to satisfy FHA requirements.
- 2. Balance your ridge vent system.
DETERMINING VENTILATION REQUIREMENTS
|Min. Net Free Area Required
(if balanced between intake and exhaust)
Note: ShingleVent II and Multi-Pitch FilterVent provide 18" of net free area per linear foot.
INSTALLING A BALANCED RIDGE VENT SYSTEM
- Measure the square footage of the attic (length x width).
- Measure the length of the ridge.
- Refer to the chart above for required net free area and minimum length of ridge for attic square footage.
- Note: In most cases, the length of the ridge balanced with the same net free area of intake vents will satisfy FHA minimum standards and most building codes.
- Use the chart below to calculate the amount of intake vents that should be installed to balance your ridge vent system.
- Always install ridge vents from end to end across the entire ridge for best appearance and to provide maximum ventilation area.
- Hip roofs, dormers and T- or L-shaped roofs may require a specially designed ventilation system. For information, request a copy of Air Vent's Principles of Attic Ventilation.See Contact Us.
Balancing Your Ridge Vent System
|Length of Ridge||Linear Feet of
Continuous Soffit Vent
|Number of Undereave Vents|
|16" x 8"||16" x 6"||16" x 4"|
Learn about warranty coverage, transferability, limitations, other conditions and customer responsibilities.
Read the full warranty and the list of eligible products.
For Warranty information and questions, please contact us at: email@example.com
Download Full Air Vent Warranty Information
The Air Vent Product that you have purchased has a limited warranty from the date of purchase against defects in workmanship and materials. The length of the warranty varies by product. Please see attached chart for details. This warranty does not cover any labor costs, including those required for field repair or replacement or removal of any allegedly defective part.
Proof of purchase is required when requesting warranty service.
The original purchaser must present a sales receipt or other document that establishes proof of purchase.
Please do not ship your fan or any fan parts to Air Vent unless requested to do so.
Air Vent shall not be liable for, and this warranty does not apply to, any failure, defect or damage resulting from or connected with misuse, abuse, neglect or improper handling or staging , or installation not in strict adherence to Air Vent’s written instructions; impact of foreign objects, fire, flood, earthquake, lightning, hurricane, hail, tornado or other violent storms or other act of God; or defects in failure of or damage caused by materials used as roofing base over which the product is installed or by movement, distortion, cracking or settling of walls or the foundation of the building.
Air Vent reserves the right to discontinue or modify any of its products including color, and shall not be liable as a result of such discontinuation or modification, nor shall Air Vent be liable in the event replacement material may vary in color in comparison to the original product as a result of normal weathering. If Air Vent replaces any product under this warranty, it may substitute products designated by Air Vent to be of comparable quality or price range in the event the product initially installed has been discontinued or modified.
Replacement Plus™ Protection
Products are covered by Replacement Plus™ protection (see attached for applicable products) for a period of time (varies by product) provided that the product has been installed in strict accordance with Air Vent’s written installation instructions. Under this warranty feature, Air Vent, at no charge, will replace any product found to be defective during the Replacement Plus™ period as long as proof of purchase is submitted to Air Vent (Replacement Plus™ period begins when the product installation is completed). Air Vent’s maximum liability under Replacement Plus will be equal to the reasonable cost to replace the defective product, including labor.
In instances in which Air Vent, according to the terms of this warranty, has agreed to pay the cost of labor required to replace a defective intake vent, Air Vent will provide reimbursement only upon receipt of a copy of the contractor’s invoice or other written evidence of the completion of the work which Air Vent, at its sole discretion, deems acceptable.
Provided that the products covered by this warranty have been installed in strict accordance with the Air Vent Inc. written installation instructions and in accordance with all local codes and standards, including those pertaining to fire-rated construction, Air Vent warrants to the original purchaser or first subsequent owner of the property that the product is free from manufacturing defects for the described length below from the date of purchase. If there is a change in ownership, the warranty may be transferred by the original purchaser of the product to the new owner (first subsequent owner) under the terms and conditions of this warranty.
The electrical motor is to be used solely as a direct replacement for a motor of the same model in an Air Vent, Inc, power attic ventilator. Using the motor in any other product could result in electrical shock and/or fire, which may cause property damage, serious injury or even death. Any motor replacement should be installed by a qualified licensed electrician in accordance with local, state and national electrical codes and standards. Make sure that power to the unit has been completely turned OFF at the breaker before approaching or inspecting the power attic ventilator or installing the replacement motor.
This warranty is expressly in lieu of all other oral or written warranties, liabilities or obligations of Air Vent. Pertinent state law shall control for what period of time subsequent to sale a consumer/homeowner may seek a remedy pursuant to the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Air Vent be liable for consequential or incidental damages of any kind, including any damage to the building, its contents or any persons therein, resulting from the breach of any warranty set forth herein, unless exclusion of these types of damages are specifically prohibited by state law. No field representative of Air Vent or any distributor or dealer is authorized to make any change or modifications to this warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
The following warranty is effective 3/26/2021.
|Product||Model Number||Warranty||Replacement Plus Protection|
|ShingleVent ®II ridge vent (12", 9", Class A 9")||Limited Lifetime Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Peak Performer™ I & II Rolled ridge vent||Limited Lifetime Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|The Edge™ Vent||Limited Lifetime Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Hip Ridge® Vent||Limited Lifetime Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|VenturiVent™ Plus ridge vent and rolled ridge vent||Limited Lifetime Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|ATTIC-AIRE™ ALL SEASONS™ Filtered Ridge Vent and Roll Vent||Limited Lifetime Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|RidgeHawk™ Rolled ridge vent with nails||RH20||Limited Lifetime Warranty|
|ShadowHawk® Low Profile Vent||LPG72||Limited Lifetime Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Roof Mount Power Vent||ASRHP, SV3000, HE15WW||Limited Lifetime Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Roof Mount Power Vent||RV26, RV28, PC12||10 Year Limited Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Gable-Mount Power Vent||APG, APGH||Limited Lifetime Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Gable-Mount Power Fans (WCGB)- with Thermostat||Limited Lifetime Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Gable-Mount Power Fans (model WCGA)||5 Year Limited Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Roof Mount Solar Power Fans||NPSP8WW, SC8BL||5 Year Limited Warranty||2 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Gable Mount Solar Power Fans||NPSG8||5 Year Limited Warranty||2 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Whole-House Fans||10 Year Limited Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Roof Louvers/Static Vents||5 Year Limited Warranty|
|Airhawk® Wind Turbines||TIB, TOB series|
|Type B Gas Vent Cap||PTOP Series||5 Year Limited Warranty|
|Automatic Foundation Vent||5 Year Limited Warranty|
|Powered Foundation Vent||5 Year Limited Warranty|
|Low Voltage Foundation Vent||Series 5 & 6, Radon||5 Year Limited Warranty|
|Roof Mount Solar Power Fans||9010TR, 9025TR||5 Year Limited Warranty on Fan Motors||20 Year Limited on Solar Panel, Fan Housings|
|Gable Mount 20 Watt Solar Fan||1125APV||5 Year Limited Warranty on Fan Motors||20 Year Limited on Solar Panel, Fan Housings|
|Skylight Tubes||2214ST-LK||10 Year Limited Warranty|
|Product||Model Number||Warranty||Replacement Plus Protection|
|ShingleVent ®II ridge vent 7", Class A 7"||Limited Lifetime Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Ridge Vent 20’||MRV20||Limited Lifetime Warranty|
|Attic Aire™ Wind Turbines (WT series)||5 Year Limited Warranty|
|Roof Mount Solar Power Fans||9910TR, 9920TR, 9930TR||5 Year Limited Warranty on Fan Motors||20 Year Limited on Solar Panel, Fan Housings|
|Gable Mount 20 Watt Solar Fan||1020APV||5 Year Limited Warranty on Fan Motors||20 Year Limited on Solar Panel, Fan Housings|
|U.S. Sunlight Solar Controller||SC20||1 Year Limited Warranty on Unit, Remote|
|Skylight Tubes||1914ST, 2114ST||10 Year Limited Warranty|
Smoke House Attic Airflow Demonstration at the International Roofing Expo
A real-time demonstration of the difference between a balanced attic ventilation system and unbalanced. This is exactly why intake airflow is so critical. And see for yourself the Bernoulli Effect when the wind hits the external baffle on ShingleVent II ridge vent. Wow!
Video courtesy of Sara Klindtworth, owner of Solid Roofing NW in Albany, Oregon.